Student Technology Center Lab Policies
The Student Technology Centers have taken steps to ensure patron safety as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Masks are mandatory to enter the Student Technology Centers as defined within the WKU Restart Plan.
- All STCs will have a capacity limit to promote social distancing. You may be asked to wait outside a Student Technology Center until capacity levels allow for more entrants.
- Available computers are placed six-feet apart.
- Crowd control devices and floor signage are displayed in each STC to designate safe social distancing within the lab and at print release stations.
- Patrons may obtain sanitized keyboards and mice at specified consultant areas to use at computer stations. We require each patron to return the keyboard and mice to the designated consultant for cleaning purposes.
- Only current WKU Students, Faculty, and Staff are allowed in the Student Technology Centers
- All users are required to sign in using their own username and password.
- All users are required to provide WKU ID when asked by computer lab staff
- No food or drink, including bottled water, tobacco products or other items that could potentially damage the equipment are permitted in the patron areas of the Student Technology Centers.
- Individuals taking part in inappropriate or disruptive behavior in a Student Technology Center (such as cell phone usage, listening to loud music, unsupervised/disruptive children and others) may be asked to discontinue such actions or leave the lab.
- Users not working on class related assignments may be asked to relinquish their computers to those students needing to do homework if lab is full.
- Viewing materials that create a hostile work environment will not be permitted (Pornography, etc). Sending electronic mail that is obscene, abusive, threatening, or harassing is not allowed.
- Patrons are asked to only use the computers with special equipment (such as scanners or ADA computers) if use of these services are needed.
- No one except authorized personnel is to move, disconnect, or repair any of the equipment.
- No webcams, microphones, or anything that can potentially cause lab disruption is permitted unless approved by the Lab Manager beforehand. Headphones are permitted as long as the noise is kept at a low level.
- Only authorized personnel are allowed in the Lab Consultant areas.
- The Lab Manager of the Student Technology Centers have the authority to close any lab at their discretion due to situations that are beyond their control. Examples include inclement weather, excessive heat, building or lab renovations, upgrade or maintenance, or any situation that would deem a lab be closed by Student Technology.
- Lab Consultants are responsible for the lab operations during the absence of the Lab Manager. They have the right to enforce all lab rules and policies and to contact appropriate personnel to assist when needed.
- Abusive conduct toward Lab Consultants by a lab patron or faculty member is prohibited and will not be tolerated! Complaints should be directed to the Technology Center Supervisor or Lab Manager.
- We do not refund money from the vending machines.
These policies are subject to change as warranted by Information Technology Services.