About Continuing Resources
WKU Libraries has a centralized Continuing Resources Unit for all serials ordering, payments, check-in, processing, cataloging, claims, bindery preparation. Requests for new resources can be made through faculty library representatives or by contacting the Electronic and Continuing Resources Coordinator.
The Continuing Resources Unit handles approximately 4,000 current subscriptions to scholarly journals, periodicals, newspapers, microforms, and electronic resources. WKU Libraries is the third largest contributor to KULS (Kentucky Union List of Serials), a database that facilitates interlibrary lending.
Serials Price Projections
This manual is used to train student workers in the Serials Unit for their responsibilities assisting the staff in such things as mail and book processing and preparing materials for the bindery.
General information for Library Student workers can be found here.
TopScholar is WKU's Open Access Institutional Repository, managed by staff in the Continuing Resources Unit.
Online Serials Tools
- Association of Subscription Agents
- CONSER Cataloging Manual Module 31 Remote Access Electronic Serials
- CONSER Home Page
- COUNTER: Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources
- CUFTS Journal Indexing Resource
- The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative
- Forum Zeitschriften GESIG (German Serials Interest Group)
- International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)
- Journal Abbreviation Sources
- JSTOR: Scholarly Journal Archive
- Legal Deposit of Electronic Publications
- NASIGuides: Quick Guides to Current Topics in Serials
- North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG)
- ONIX for Serials
- Print Periodical Listing in the Main Library
- United Kingdom Serials Group
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,