Professional MBA Option
A Top "Executive MBA"
The WKU Professional MBA (PMBA) program is designed to help professionals and mid-
to upper-level managers, with 5 or more years experience, achieve their full potential
as leaders. WKU's PMBA program has been ranked in the top 5% percentages among MBA
programs at US universities based upon learning for multiple years.
The PMBA program is an AACSB accredited, "Executive" MBA program, with these features:
- Meets alternate Saturdays (1 course in the morning; 1 in the afternoon for a total
of 2 courses [6 credit hours] per semester)
- Less than 2 year lock-step program (5 semesters – fall, spring, summer, followed by
the 2nd fall, and spring)
- Study teams meet outside of class at your convenience to work on cases and projects
- An international scholarship is offered so help promote a PMBA study-abroad when possible
- We recruit a cohort starting each fall in Bowling Green
GMAT Waivers Available
- A GMAT waiver is granted to PMBA applicants who satisfy the experience requirements
- This policy is applied to new applicants only.
- The GMAT remains a requirement in our other MBA options (Online and Full-time).
- Starting with the Fall 2016 Cohort
- Graduate in less than 2 years
- Year 1: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Year 2: Fall, Spring (5 semesters total)
Experience Based Admission
Experienced managers or professional must have 5 years or more of qualified experience
(Not just 5 years employment). See the following criteria for qualifications appropriate
for an “executive MBA program”.
Qualifying Management Experience Criteria: “The qualified manager has…
- Responsibilities for high dollar amount accounts, equipment, etc.
- Some final decision making power
- Budget/financial related duties
- A record of progressive managerial positions
Qualifying Professional Experience Criteria: “The profession requires…”
- Additional school, training, or certifications beyond bachelors initially
- Continuing education or certifications to maintain eligibility
- Responsibility for high dollar amount accounts, equipment, etc.
- However, the professional position might not always lend itself to "managing" others
- Transcript - showing Bachelor’s degree & 2.75 undergraduate GPA
- Resume - detailing qualifying experience (see criteria above)
- Reference Letter - from your employer showing qualifying experience
*These minimum requirements establish eligibility for admission, but do not guarantee
High Quality MBA in an Accessible Format
While most MBA programs offer students a chance to study the fundamentals, the WKU
Professional MBA program is designed to assist individuals with important management
experience achieve their full potential as leaders. WKU's Professional MBA program
has been ranked in the top 5% in learning among U.S. universities in multiple years.
The WKU program meets the needs of business professionals wanting to achieve more:
- Attend two courses per semester on alternate Saturdays
- International study-abroad opportunities
- Team-based format
- A cohort begins each fall semester
- AACSB-International Accreditation
Preparation: MBA Foundation Modules
Successful professionals and managers seek an MBA without sitting in up to 8 additional
classes just to get prepared for core MBA courses. However, MBA courses are high
quality, rigorous, and require preparation.
The WKU MBA is a leading innovator in creating needed preparation in an “on-demand”
format. WKU MBA students complete a 4.5 credit-hour “MBA Foundation Modules” course
which fully prepares them for the 7 Core and 3 Elective courses. (Students who have
completed a full business degree in the past 5 years do not need the MBA Foundation