Nasim Dil Award for Outstanding Service to Teacher Education
Purpose: The Nasim Dil Award for Outstanding Service to Teacher Education is an annual award given to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary service to the development and advancement of quality teacher education in special education.
Criteria: The criteria for the selection of the recipient of the SSEPC Nasim Dil Award for Outstanding Service to Teacher Education include demonstrated commitment to personnel preparation in small special education programs through two or more of the following areas:
- Service in leadership roles to advance teacher education opportunities in small special education program (e.g., holding a leadership position(s) in teacher education organizations, recipients of honors and awards (either at home IHE or on the national level)
- Active promotion of quality teacher education in small special education programs (e.g., writing articles for the SSEPC Monograph, being involved in state initiatives involving teacher education, developing innovative teacher education curricula and teaching practices, etc.).
- Active participation in activities promoting opportunities for faculty from small special education programs to have a voice in the field of special education teacher education (e.g., encouraging and leading SSEPC members' involvement in political and educational activities that relate to teacher education, being involved in state-level decision making involving teacher education).
- Active participation in activities promoting collaboration (in terms of research and professional development) among members of SSEPC (e.g., initiating, developing, and coordinating activities that involve several SSEPC members: conference presentations, research projects, co-authoring, SSEPC-sponsored events, etc.).
- Active participation in SSEPC Service in leadership roles to advance teacher education
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- must be a member of TED and SSEPC
- Nominees may be nominated or self-nominate.
- Previous award winners will not be eligible again within a 10 year time period.
Nominations: Materials should include the following:
- A current vita of the nominee;
- A letter of nomination documenting the nominee's eligibility for the award;
- Letters of support for the nomination from individuals knowledgeable of the nominee's contributions relative to one or more of the criteria stated above.
Deadline: Nomination materials are due September 1st each year. Nomination materials should be sent to current Past Chair: for 2009 Dava M. O’Connor, Lander University – 320 Stanley Ave. – Greenwood, SC 29649 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Award: Plaque & $500 honorarium
Presentation: The recipient of the Nasim Dil Service Award will be honored at the SSEPC Reception at the annual TED Conference.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,