Student Support Services at Western Kentucky University is a federally funded program which provides academic advisement, personal counseling, tutoring and other services designed to help students adjust to campus life, succeed academically and graduate from a post-secondary institution.
Operational and Unifying Principles
- Promote academic achievement and personal responsibility
- Respect people of all cultures
- Foster growth in self-esteem
- Encourage campus involvement
As an employee of the Student Support Services Project, I will:
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of our participants, and protect their records and the content of their communication in accordance with University, State, and Federal requirements.
- Disclose a student's information only as required by law, to serve professional purposes, or in situations that pose a threat to the student or others.
- Comply with the University's human subjects research policy, ethical practices and confidentiality of research data concerning our participants.
- Recognize and avoid personal conflict of interest or the appearance of such conflict in transactions with students and others.
- Be fair, objective and impartial in treatment of all persons.
- Avoid condoning or participating in any form of harassment of others and take appropriate action if harassment is observed.
- Handle the Program's financial resources, equipment and supplies ethically and responsibly.
- Take personal responsibility for honest accounting of time and effort, sick time and vacation time as it relates to the performance of my professional responsibilities.
- Refer to appropriate individuals or agencies when a student's needs are beyond the scope of the program, my training or expertise.
- Use technology ethically.
- Address unethical behavior of other staff members with the offending individual and, as necessary, with the appropriate supervisor.
- Maintain professional decorum when representing the Program or the University at committee meetings, conferences, training seminars, policy seminars, or any such situation.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,