- Information for New Clients
- Communication Disorders Clinic
- Family Resource Program
- Kelly Autism Program
- Renshaw Early Childhood Center
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Central)
Contact the CEC:
104 Alumni Avenue
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Phone: (270) 745-4232
Fax: (270) 745-4233
The Future is Now Project Training
People with Developmental Disabilities and their families creating visions and plans for a desired future!
Free Training at the CEC: April 30, 2016 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This project will assist participants in developing a vision for their family member's future and determine what supports would need to be in place to secure that vision. The plan will involve the identification of people to take on certain specific roles, the financial resources needed to put the plan in place, and the legal mechanisms required to implement the plan. Parents/caregivers are encouraged to activity include the person with a disability in the planning process as well as siblings and other family members or friends who will be invited to take on a role in the future.
Who should attend?
- Persons with developmental disabilities
- Parents and siblings
- Other interested family members
What will this program provide?
- Information and guidance on how to create a support plan for the future
- Description of Special Needs Trust
- Information about publicly funded resources and their limitations
- Critical questions to be addressed before meeting with an attorney
- Resources for referrals of attorneys who can assist with planning
- Team approach - involving family and friends
- A Resource Notebook and Worksheets
**To register, contact the CEC at 270-745-4232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is sponsored by The ARC of Kentucky and funding from the Commonwealth Council on Developmental Disabilities.
Please note: Seating is limited to the first 24 participants.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,