- Information for New Clients
- Communication Disorders Clinic
- Family Resource Program
- Kelly Autism Program
- Renshaw Early Childhood Center
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Central)
Contact the CEC:
104 Alumni Avenue
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Phone: (270) 745-4232
Fax: (270) 745-4233
Opportunity to participate in a research study
*THIS STUDY IS LIMITED TO PARTICIPANTS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
The CEC conducts research that could lead to significant developments in treatment plans for individuals on the Autism spectrum, and we have a wonderful new opportunity for children on the Autism Spectrum.
Because it is well documented that those with Autism often have sleep disturbances, the Clinical Education Complex and the Department of Psychology at WKU are seeking participants for a study to investigate the effectiveness of a special Sound Pillow Sleep System on sleep patterns.
If your child has difficulty sleeping and would like to try out a Sound Pillow Sleep System (a non-allergenic twin size pillow with an easy-to-use MP3 Player pre-loaded with 18 one hour tracks of nature sounds, slow evolutionary music and noise files) please sign up! We would love for you to help us with our research study.
You may listen to the sleep system's sound samples here.
If you participate in the research study:
- Your child will be provided a Sound Pillow Sleep System to use for predetermined portions of the study. After the conclusion of the study, you may keep the Sound Pillow Sleep System valued at $160.00.
- You or your child will be asked to complete five questionnaires and daily logs to provide information on your child’s sleep habits during the duration of the study.
*The five videos have been condensed down to two videos! See below.
Instructions for Sign Up
1. Download, print, and complete the following forms:
- Informed Consent ADULT Participant (if applicable)
- Basic Contact Information
2. Return completed forms to CEC via one of the following methods:
FAX: (270) 745-4233
Clinical Education Complex
ATTN: Sound Pillow Study
104 Alumni Ave.
Bowling Green, KY. 42101
3. After CEC processes all paperwork, you will receive an email including survey instructions and link to the survey. You MUST save this email containing the link, as it will be your entry point for the extent of the 8 week survey period. We will also send you a Sound Pillow Sleep System through the mail using the mailing address you provide in your paperwork at this time. Be aware that you will not hear from the CEC until we recieve all paperwork from all 125 participants. Please be patient with us in recieving your link and pillow!
***Once you have received an email from us containing your start link, you may begin the survey. There are three sections to complete which simply give us some background information about your child and his/her habits. Please view the following video or click this link to access a tutorial on completing these three sections: ASD Demographics, ASRS form, and Child Adolescent Sleep Habits form.
***Once you have completed these three sections and recieved your pillow, you will be ready for Day 1 of our study! Please view the following video or click this link to access a tutorial on completing the daily log forms. Notice, some weeks your child will be without the pillow and some weeks they will sleep with the pillow. This is always noted in the daily log heading. After all daily logs are complete, we ask that you fill out the Sound Pillow Questionnaire at the end. After this questionnaire is complete, you are finished with the study and you may keep the Sound Pillow Sleep System!
OPTIONAL RESOURCE: Study Participant Checklist. This is a helpful tool to assist you through the Sound Pillow Study process.
For more information, please email us email@example.com or call 270-745-4232.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,