Dr. Janet Applin
Associate Dean for Academic Programs / Associate Professor, Special Education
Office: GRH 2045
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
Represents the Dean’s Office by providing the following services:
- Represents Dean Evans, when appropriate, at special events, ceremonies, etc.
- Approves all CEBS recruitment materials.
- Coordinates new faculty professional development activities.
- Represents CEBS on university committees.
- Supervises and collaborates with office associates in dean’s office.
Oversees Advising and Student Issues in the College by providing the following services:
- Reviews and approves student schedule exception appeals, grade appeals, admission appeals, and independent study requests.
- Collaborates and serves as liaison between Graduate Studies and Research and faculty in the CEBS.
- Coordinates CEBS Academic Transition Programs (ATP) activities and “Meet the Dean” sessions
- Consults with Assistant to the Dean on graduate admissions, alternative admissions, and comprehensive exams.
Supports curricular change efforts in the college by providing the following services:
- Serves as program coordinator for the MAE: Education & Behavioral Science Studies (EBSS).
- Consults with Teacher Services and Teacher Certification on certification issues and requests.
- Consults with faculty on academic program development including course proposals and curriculum committees.
- Serves as Vice Chair of CEBS Curriculum Committee
- Collaborates across the university on curricular issues.
- Attends all CEBS Curriculum Committees, Undergraduate Curriculum Committees, Graduate Council, and University Senate meetings to represent college regarding curriculum issues.