Dr. Janet Applin
Associate Dean for Academic Programs / Associate Professor, Special Education
Office: GRH 2045
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees academic college curriculum issues – e.g., program revisions, course proposals, catalog changes – and assists faculty with preparing curricular revision proposals.
- Chairs CEBS Curriculum Committee – serves as Vice-Chair of Professional Education Council.
- Chairs College Complaint Committee
- Coordinates CEBS Academic Transitions Program (ATP) activities and Meet the Dean Sessions
- Oversees graduate admissions/alternative admissions/comprehensive exams/student appeals.
- Collaborates with and serves as liaison between the Graduate School and faculty in CEBS
- Provides oversight for CEBS Catalog Revision Efforts.
- Represents CEBS on the University Curriculum Committee and at Graduate Council Meetings.
- Serves as program coordinator for the MAE: Education and Behavioral Science Studies (EBSS)
- Consults with Teacher Services and Teacher Certification on certification issues and requests.
- Coordinates new faculty activities and faculty professional development activities
- Represents dean’s office when appropriate at recruitment and retention events.
- Supervises and collaborates with office associate in dean’s office.
- Provides oversight for CEBS Catalog Revision Efforts