- Addictions Education (AE)
- Career Service
- College and Career Readiness Certificate (CCR)
- International Student Services (ISS)
Press Enter to Search
CNS 675: Advanced Career Counseling and Services Administration
This course is foundational to the 15-hour graduate Certificate in Career Counseling offered by the Department of Counseling and Student Affairs.
This course examines advanced career counseling topics, process and procedure in the context of the design and delivery of career counseling services to individuals across the lifespan. It also focuses on increasing student understanding of counseling techniques, programming, administration, systems and resources for the provision of student/client career services.
As career and vocational concerns form at least a partial basis for numerous choices made and issues expressed by students at the college level and by individuals throughout life, a significant number of graduate students have expressed a desire for additional training in the area of career counseling and career program management.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply career development theories and decision-making models
- Demonstrate appropriate counseling methods and skills across multicultural and diverse populations
- Demonstrate knowledge of career, vocational, educational, occupational, labor market, and employment information to support career counseling
- Research, recommend, administer and interpret commonly used career assessments
- Demonstrate understanding and use of computers and the Internet in support of career counseling
- Implement the design, delivery and evaluation of career related programming based on career development theory and the needs of diverse populations
- Facilitate career programming administration, including budget and human resource management, procedure and policy development, collaborative relationship building, ethical and legal guidelines, and professional advocacy.
Dr. Aaron Hughey, Ed.D.
C.C.C. Program Coordinator
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,