Leadership & Volunteerism Programs
- Alternative Breaks
- Dynamic Leadership Institute
- High School Leadership Conference
- Leadership Trainings
- Make a Difference Day
- National Volunteer Week
- Relay for LIfe
- St. Jude Up Til Dawn
- The WKU Leadership Conference
- Student United Way
- V.I.P.-Volunteering in Progress
- Weekend in the Woods
Held during the fall, winter and spring semesters, WKU students are given the opportunity to spend their spring break giving back to various community service projects. Past alternative breaks have included trips to Savannah, GA, Charleston, SC, Memphis, TN, Tuscaloosa, AL, Mobile, AL, New Orleans, LA and Washington DC Students are selected on their previous community service work and level of involvement and commitment.
2017 Alternative Spring Breaks
- Contact Katie Frazier at email@example.com, or 270.745.2459 for more information
The Alternative Spring Break Trip to Savannah, GA, is focused on serving the residents of Savannah, Georgia. Service may include hurricane relief, working at the local non-profits like the Ronald McDonald House, United Way, food banks, etc. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in cultural/educational events Wednesday afternoon and during the evenings. This trip is scheduled for March 12-17, 2017. The application process is required due to the limited number of spots available for this trip.
- Cost to WKU Students: $100.00, and includes the following:
- Meals during week
- Lodging accommodations
- Tickets to museums/events
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 17, 2017, 4:00 PM, applications are to the Student Activities Office, Downing Student Union 2059. Click here to apply!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,