- Command Staff
- Crime Stoppers
- Emergency &
- Field Operations
- Message from the Chief
- Professional Standards
- Ride-A-Long Form
WKU Police Department on
View from the Hill
WKU Police Records Division
The Records Division provides copies of Offense Reports, as well as copies of Accident Reports. They are staffed by two (2) full time employees and part time student workers.
- Due to confidentiality standards, we do not release information from reports over the phone, and we do not fax reports.
Police Records Policy
To obtain a copy of a Offense/Incident or a Traffic Accident Report:
- Only persons involved in an Offense/Incident/Accident can obtain a copy of the report.
- The report will be available within 10 days* (excluding weekends).
- Insurance companies can also request a copy of the report.
- There is a $3.00 service charge for each copy of a report requested.
- Reports are only available during regular business hours Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
After Hours Policy
An “After Hours Building Permit” is a form that needs to be completed and signed by the Instructor, the Department Head, and the Police Department. This form has the student’s name, the date issued, the building and room number the student needs to be in, the effective dates and the times. This pass is to allow students in the buildings after normal hours of business.
An “After Hours Building Permit”, to be complete, must include the signatures of the authorized department head and teacher and an authorized representative of the police department. A current student I.D must also accompany the permit. A copy of the pass and student photo I.D. will be made for retention at the police department until the “After Hours Permit” expires.
STUDENTS FOUND WITHOUT AN AFTER HOURS PASS:
- The first time a student is found in the building without an “After Hours Building Permit”, explain the procedure; ask them to leave the building, and the officer will complete a Field Interview card.
- The second time a student is found in the building without an “After Hours Building Permit”, he/she will be referred to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs for appropriate discipline and complete a Field Interview card.
- The third time a student is found in the building without an “After Hours Building Permit”, he/she will be cited for “Criminal Trespass”, referred to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, complete an Field Interview card, and an Offense Report.
PERSONS NOT AFFILIATED WITH UNIVERSITY:
- The officer may, at their discretion, cite or arrest the person for Criminal Trespass.
ALL parking concerns such as payment of parking permits and fees are handled through the WKU Parking & Transportation Division, located on Campbell Lane next to South Campus and the Intramural Fields.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,