The Department of Psychological Sciences offers a Joint Undergraduate-Masters Program (JUMP) for highly qualified students. We are the only department in the state of Kentucky to offer this unique, accelerated program in the discipline of psychology.
In this five-year course of study, students will earn a Bachelor of Science in Psychological Sciences and a Master of Science in Psychology. JUMP students take undergraduate coursework that is applied to the undergraduate degree and graduate coursework that can be applied to both the undergraduate and graduate degrees. This program provides highly qualified students with an excellent opportunity for accelerated study as students work with our faculty on research projects in psychological science.
To be eligible to apply, students:
• Must have completed or be currently enrolled in 16 credit hours in Psychological Science, including PSYS 100, PSYS 210/211, and PSYS 313, or the equivalent of these classes.
• Must have at least a 3.5 GPA overall and at least a 3.75 GPA in the Psychological Science major.
• Must have completed all of the Colonnade General Education program by the time of application except for the Connections requirements.
• Must have at least one semester of a supervised research experience with a Psychological Sciences faculty member (includes PSYS 290 and PSYS 490 experiences or voluntary assistant experiences).
Admission is competitive and a limited number of applicants will be accepted. Applicants are interviewed by at least two Psychological Sciences faculty members prior to admission.
Ideally students will apply after the completion of 45 hours but before the completion of 65 hours of undergraduate credit. Students must submit:
• JUMP Application Form, which includes a list of possible mentors from the Department of Psychological Sciences that the student has spoken to about the JUMP program in advance of the application deadline
• 1000-word personal statement describing professional interests and career goals
• One letter of recommendation, preferably from a research mentor
All application materials should be submitted to the JUMP advisor, Dr. Andrew Mienaltowski. Dr. Mienaltowski can also help if you have questions about the application process (email@example.com). Applications must be submitted to Dr. Mienaltowski in person by March 1 of the Spring term. Applications are only accepted once per year.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,