Welcome. How can we Help You?
- I want to see what kinds of furniture and equipment are available for my department to have from surplus.
- Be sure to check out what items the surplus department has. Desk, chairs, filing cabinets, and coat trees are always coming and going in surplus. You can view the items on Topper Trader at wku.edu/recycling/toppertrader.
- How do I buy something from Surplus for personal use?
- When items have been in surplus for more than 60 days we will start to create a list of items that will go to auction. We have silent and sealed bids auctions once a semester. Please note that it is only through an auction that anyone can buy WKU property through personal use. To be notified when an auction is about to happen, please LIKE us on Facebook for all updates to the off campus community. Any staff or faculty should receive an email about silent auctions as well.
- When can I come to look at what surplus has OR drop off surplus items?
- You can do this by appointment this summer. Please bring your items to the TOP floor of Service and Supply and be sure you meet with surplus staff there. Please DO NOT drop off items without seeing surplus staff first. This is very important.
- My department needs a used computer, where do I go to get that?
- Although the surplus department has many used computers, they are mainly outdated for campus use or broken. Please contact the IT department to see if there are any in their surplus inventory you can use.
- I already put in a request for a surplus pick up but I it hasn’t been picked up yet, what am I supposed to do now?
- We are working very hard to get to as many surplus requests as we can. As you wait for us to get to your office, please make sure your items are not in the middle of a hallway or somewhere that could be considered a fire hazard. If you have the means, arranging a time to drop off your own items to surplus may move the items out of your department faster. If you placed your request through the Work Order system, you may email or call with your work order number to get an update.
- Where do I shred paper?
- WKU has a contract with Cintas document destruction. WKU Recycling does not shred paper. Cintas will provide a bin and pick-up and recycle shredded material. Cintas – 615-333-8233.
- I’ve got a lot of cardboard on my floor that needs to be broken down and recycled, who does that?
- YOU are responsible for breaking down your cardboard on a regular basis and your BSA’s bring your recycling to the bins outside. If you have an unusual amount of cardboard or recycling that needs to be taken away, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a student crew member.
- I don’t break down or empty my cardboard when I recycle, is that a big deal?
- YES. When cardboard boxes are piled high and filled with Styrofoam and other packing materials, a 10-minute stop becomes a 45-minute stop. It is so important to put only broken down empty boxes for the crew to pick up so we can service as many buildings as possible each day
- I need to clean out an office but we’ve got enough paper to fill my office recycling bin, where should I put the extra paper?
- WKU Recycling is happy to bring you a large bin to your office for you to use for your project. Simply email email@example.com when you need a bin and another email when it is full.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,