Mathematics and Science
Teacher Education Program
SKyTeach offers opportunities to undergraduate students at Western Kentucky University
entering careers in math and science education.
Our mission is:
Recruit - Increase enrollment for the next generation of math and science teachers in Kentucky.
Prepare - Develop outstanding teachers to improve math and science education in Kentucky.
Support - Offer mentoring throughout the program and continued support after graduation.
Outreach - Provide opportunities to local educators by promoting math and science in the community.
Our program is:
- A unique collaboration between the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences and Ogden College of Science and Engineering, modeled after the highly successful UTeach program at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Includes partnerships with 10 of 35 school districts in the Green River Regional Educational Cooperative (GRREC).
- Supported mainly by a grant from the National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI).
Benefits for members include:
- Personal support and guidance by Master Teachers who are experienced former high school teachers.
- Academic and social support from peers who have similar career interests.
- Opportunity to gain valuable teaching experience at the middle and high school levels.
- High/Middle school student teaching experience in the fourth year of the program.
- Paid internships in an educational setting and scholarships available during the school year and summer.
- Professional staff with student work and resource rooms in addition to printing and computer labs.
Western Kentucky University
Thompson Complex Central Wing 102
1906 College Heights Blvd. #21077
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Thompson Complex Central Wing 100A
Connect with SKyTeach via
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,