- About WKU T&D
- Faculty & Staff
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Departmental Forms
- Our Shows
- School Group Performances
- Guest Artists
- Theatre in Diversion
AUDITION: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
|Author: David Young|
Date: Monday, August 18th, 2014
AUDITIONS For The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
WHERE & WHEN
Monday, August 25th: 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. Gordon Wilson Hall, room 307.Auditions will be on first come, first served basis. We will see folks individually or in small groups. Appointment times will be flexible, and everyone will be have an opportunity to audition for all three shows, if they wish.
Tuesday, August 26th:
- 6:00 – 7.:00 p.m. Gordon Wilson, room 307. These auditions are by appointment only and are reserved only for those who could not attend auditions on Monday the 25th. Please speak to the Production Stage Manager, Eric Mattingly, if you have a legitimate conflict on the 25th and would like an audition appointment on the 26th instead.
- 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Gordon Wilson, room 307. Callbacks. We’ll post the callback list by noon in the GWH Greenroom.
Wednesday, August 27th: Callbacks may continue on this day, if necessary. Time and location TBA.
The initial audition will consist of a song cutting and a brief monologue.
- Songs should be from the musical theatre repertoire, but preferably not from Spelling Bee. Have your sheet music ready for the accompanist. It should be a cut of about 16 bars, or around 30 seconds. The start and stop should be clearly marked and not require the piano player to turn pages or dig through pages to follow the music. No taped accompaniment please. Something in keeping with the show, such as a comedic song or patter song would be preferable. If you are new to the department and don’t have any kind of song prepared, we’ll ask you to sing a small portion of a song from the show. Copies of those songs will be available in the Gordon Wilson Hall Greenroom, GWH 314, beginning Thursday, August 21.
- Monologues should be about 60 seconds long and memorized. We would prefer a monologue you have previously prepared that is not from the show. But if you are new to the department and don’t have a prepared monologue we’ll ask you to perform a short scene from the show. Those scene cuttings will be available in the Gordon Wilson Hall Greenroom, GWH 314, beginning Thursday, August 21.
- Callbacks will consist of scenes, songs and/or monologues from the show, and possibly some improv.
- Although there will be dance in the show, there will be no separate dance audition.
REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES
Performance Dates: November 6 – 11, 2014.
Rehearsals will probably begin in mid to late September. Rehearsals will generally be Monday through Friday, and sometimes Sunday, from 7:30 – 10:30 p.m. In total, this production will probably require 100+ hours of rehearsal.
A copy of the script is in the Theatre & Dance Greenrooms, FAC 118 and Gordon Wilson 314. You are encouraged to read this.
Director: David Young, firstname.lastname@example.org, 270-745-5845
Music Director: Brad Vieth, email@example.com
Choreographer: Julie Barber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prod. Stage Manager: Eric Mattingly, email@example.com
Asst. Director: Kirsten Kellersberger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dramaturg: Samya Monem, email@example.com
No Headlines for this category
No Featured Articles for this category
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,