Changes for Housing Students
Several changes to the Parking and Transportation Plan for the 2015-2016 academic year will affect residents.
Car Free Program - New for Fall 2015
What is It?
The Car Free Program is an incentive package to encourage campus residents to leave their cars at home for Fall Semester. Participants receive discounts for transportation services offered through the Parking and Transportation Services Department. The goal of the program is to reduce the number of cars on campus during our busiest time of year – Fall Semester.
What is Included in the Program?
- Access to the Topper Transit System
- Complimentary enrollment in the Enterprise CarShare program ($35 value).
- Complimentary GObg Public Transit Semester Pass ($48 value).
- Complimentary bicycle tune up at the Preston Bike Shop on campus ($35 value).
- Discounted Airport Shuttle trips to Nashville International Airport (BNA, up to a $100 value).
- Discounted trips to Greyhound Bus Station (up to a $100 value).
- Move In/Move Out parking passes ($20/Value)
- Drawing for $250 Book Scholarship for Spring Semester. 3 lucky winners will be selected during Finals Week, Spring Semester.
For more details, visit the CAR FREE PROGRAM page.
Housing Parking Options
For the 2015-16 academic year, several Housing permit options are available.
- Alumni Square Garage permit (AS) offers guaranteed parking in the Alumni Square Garage. AS permits are $240/yr.
- Premium Housing will be divided into 4 designated parking zones, H1 – H4. Premium Housing permits are $220/yr.
- Non-Premium Housing is now called “H5”. H5 permits are $110/yr.
Where can I park with my Housing permit?
- Alumni Square Garage AS permit
- Guaranteed parking in the Alumni Square Garage 24/7, Lots zoned AP – “All Permits”, C2 – South Campus Park and Ride Lots
- Premium Housing H1 permit - SOLD OUT
- H1 - Level 4 of PS1, H5 – Housing Non-Premium, and AP – “All Permits” zones, C2 – South Campus Park and Ride Lots
- Premium Housing H2 permit - SOLD OUT
- H2 - Minton Lot, H5 – Housing Non-Premium, and AP – “All Permits” zones, C2 – South Campus Park and Ride Lots
- Premium Housing H3 permit - SOLD OUT
- H3 - Pearce Ford Lot and Barnes Lot, H5 – Housing Non-Premium, and AP – “All Permits” zones, C2 – South Campus Park and Ride Lots
- Premium Housing H4 permit - SOLD OUT
- H4 - Poland Lot and Avenue of Champions, H5 – Housing Non-Premium, AP – “All Permits” zones, and C2 – South Campus Park and Ride Lots
- Non-Premium Housing H5 permit
- H5 Lots, including Levels 5-7 in PS1, AP – “All Permits” zones, and C2 – South Campus Park and Ride Lots
How do parking permit sales work?
Housing permit sales will begin online after Housing and Residence Life has released housing assignments in mid-June.
- Housing Premium permits will be sold on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Waitlists will be maintained for the Housing Premium zones and names will be released during the year if space allows.
Housing Student Permit Options for the 2015-2016 Academic Year
FEE / YEAR
ALLOWS PARKING IN:
|Alumni Square Garage Housing Permit (AS)||$240/year
While supplies last
|Premium Housing Permit (H1-H4)||$220/year
While supplies last
Waiting list renewed annually
|Non-Premium Housing Permit (H5)||
|South Campus Park and Ride Permit (C2)||
|Disability Parking Permit||
$100 / year
Transit Service Changes
Transit Services are being adjusted to provide better service.
- The RED LINE NORTH CAMPUS CIRCULATOR route will have extended service until 8:30 PM.
- The GREEN LINE EXPRESS will have 30 minute express service weekdays (2 PM to 6 PM) from the Campbell Lane Lot to and from Campbell Lane destinations, including Kroger shopping center, Wal-Mart shopping center, Greenwood Mall, and Barnes and Noble shopping center. The full service route, including stops on the main campus, continues from 6PM – 10PM weeknights on a 30 minute schedule. There will be no changes to the Saturday service.
For more details, visit the CHANGES TO TRANSIT page.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,