I NEED A WEBSITE
- Policies & Procedures
- Sample Website Templates
- Request a Website
- OUCampus CMS Training
- Web Content Best Practices
- Advertising on WKU.edu
- How to Place an Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU Homepage FAQ
- Social Media Directory
The overarching goal of the WKU.edu website is to provide clear, concise and accurate information to our end-users in a format that is easily accessible and easy to navigate. Each WKU web page should include a set of basic elements that will meet these goals and standards. Elements that are required on each web page are as follows:
- Web Page Title (using the official name for the office, department, division or unit) You may customize
your title by utilizing the web page properties.
- Link to Faculty/Staff Listing Page from main navigation area (Faculty/Staff page must be the page as provided by IT to OUCampus users)
- Link to Contact Us Page from main navigation area (Contact Us info should include, email, physical address and phone number at minimum)
- Link back to Home Page from main navigation area
- Proper usage of breadcrumbs to lead user back to Home / Division or College / Landing Page / WKU Home Page (see below for proper formatting example)
- Photos should be properly sized to avoid stretching or pixelation. Photos should begin with high-resolution image and size using Photoshop or photo resizing tool within OUCampus. If you need help with this, please email email@example.com.
- Content areas should not include "notes-to-self" including "Enter Side Content Here" or "Enter XX Here"
Please refer to the bottom of this page for relevant self-help topics.
TOP / HYBRID NAVIGATION EXAMPLE
LEFT NAVIGATION EXAMPLE
- Editing page properties
- Creating Faculty/Staff pages
- Navigation menus
- Photo sizes by template family
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,