You might be wondering how your student can benefit from joining a fraternity or sorority at WKU...
Fraternities and sororities are rooted in founding principles that foster academic achievement, student involvement, community service, and life-long friendships.
Some of the benefits are:
- "Home away from home" - A support group to help ease the adjustment to college
- Academic Support- Scholastic resources to help student achieve their academic goals.
- Leadership Development- Opportunities to acquire leadership skills through hands-on experience.
- Giving back to the Community-Opportunities for active participation in community service projects.
- Involvement- Encouragement to get involved, stay involved and maximize their potential on campus.
National studies conducted annually consistently indicate that students who choose to join Greek-letter organizations experience many positive benefits, including the following:
- Greek students are more likely to stay in college than non-Greek students.
- College graduates who belong to a sorority or fraternity tend to be more financially successful than other college graduates.
- Greek alumni give both more money and more frequently to their alma maters than non-Greek alumni.
- Greek students are more active on campus.
- Upon graduation, these members are also more likely to get involved in volunteer and charitable organizations.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,