We accept internship applications for those seeking a master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, and counseling-related programs. The internship provides an opportunity for hands-on experience in your chosen field. We operate on a cohort model which means we invite at least two master's level trainees to work with our staff each year. Interns spend about 20 hours per week involved in:
- Outreach presentations
- National screening days
- Providing clinical services to individual clients
- Individual supervision with a senior staff member and/or doctoral intern
- Writing clinical reports
- Attending training seminars directed by senior staff members
April 4th is the deadline to apply
A completed application will include:
- A cover letter outlining interest in interning at the CTC
- A current vita/resume
- Typed responses to supplemental question below
- What are your career plans?
- What are your research interests?
- What clinical population(s) interests you?
- Discuss what it means to be a member of your intended profession.
- Three (3) letters of reference
- One reference should speak to your potential as a therapist. The other two references should speak of you as a person and should have a rather long-standing knowledge of you.
Completed application materials may be sent by mail or electronically to:
Debra Crisp, Ph.D.
Western Kentucky University Counseling and Testing Center
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11024
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1024
- Master's interns do not receive a stipend or salary.
- Master's interns receive additional training opportunities as the budget allows.
- Those selected for the internship program will take part in a two-week orientation program which will be held two weeks prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,