WKU students attending Habitat for Humanity Youth Leadership Conference
|Date: Thursday, November 1st, 2012||Return|
Nine members of the WKU Campus Chapter will be attending the Habitat for Humanity National Youth Leadership Conference this weekend (Nov. 2-4) in Peachtree City, Ga.
Three students and faculty advisor Bryan Reaka will make presentations for conference participants. Reaka and Jeffry Edwards will present a session on “New Leaders: What does it take to be successful?” and Reaka, Audrey Castlen and Sarah Jones will present a session on “Gaining leadership abilities through Collegiate Challenge.”
WKU members participating in the conference this year include the following: Bryan Reaka, faculty advisor, Department of Architectural and Manufacturing Sciences; Jeffry Edwards, a junior architectural sciences major from Murray; Missy Graehler, a sophomore social work major from Lexington; Cassie Kulig, a freshman graphic design major from Bardstown; Alex Castlen, a graduate student in healthcare administration from Owensboro; Audrey Castlen, a sophomore communication disorders major from Owensboro; Mariah Stiles, a junior psychology major from Tell City, Ind.; Carissa Behel, a graduate student in public administration from Athens, Ala.; and Sarah Jones, a sophomore architectural sciences major from Bowling Green.
Students participating in the conference will gain a better understanding of how to lead a campus chapter, increase participation, home sponsorship, working with other campus chapters as well as how to advocate political leaders. WKU’s nationally recognized campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity is located in the Department Architectural and Manufacturing Sciences in the Ogden College of Science and Engineering.
More information about the WKU campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity is available online at http://www.wku.edu/habitat/
Contact: Bryan Reaka, (270) 745-7032.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
The Office of Student Financial Assistance is closed ... (more)
The Office of Student Employment is closed .... (more)
The Office of Scholarships is closed.... (more)
The Fall 2013 Issue of Arts & Letters is now available.
The 2014 Coming Home Celebration will culminate on Thursday, February 13, 2014, during half-time of the WKU V. Troy Men's Basketball Game when the 2014 Coming Home King and his court will be announced!