National Influenza Week
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Thursday, December 6th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
To highlight the importance of annual influenza vaccination, and to foster greater use of influenza vaccine in the months of December, January, and beyond, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, and other agencies will be conducting educational and promotional activities during National Influenza Vaccination Week, December 2–8, 2012. As of mid-November, approximately 123 million doses of 2012–2013 seasonal influenza vaccine had been delivered to vaccination providers in the United States (1).
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends influenza vaccination for persons aged ≥6 months (2). However, certain groups are at higher risk for influenza-related complications. These high-risk groups include children aged <5 years, but especially children aged <2 years; persons with certain chronic health conditions, such as heart disease, asthma, and diabetes; pregnant women; and adults aged ≥65 years. Health-care personnel also are at risk for acquiring influenza and transmitting it to their patients (3).
Posters, educational materials, and Internet tools for National Influenza Vaccination Week are available at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/freeresources and http://www.cdc.gov/flu/nivw/index.htm. Additional influenza information for health-care personnel and patients is available at http://www.cdc.gov/flu.
For more information about seasonal flu at WKU, please click here.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.