Student research in spotlight during REACH Week March 18-23
|Date: Thursday, March 7th, 2013||Return|
WKU will celebrate student research and creativity March 18-23 during REACH (Research Experiences and Creative Heights) Week.
The week includes lectures, research showcases and the 43rd annual Student Research Conference. (The complete schedule of 2013 REACH Week activities is online at http://www.wku.edu/research/activities.php)
REACH Week is dedicated to students who have engaged in research, creative endeavors and other scholarly activities at WKU.
Highlights of REACH Week include the following:
*Keynote speaker: Sarah Vowell, best-selling author, humorist and public radio contributor to “This American Life,” will deliver the keynote presentation for REACH Week at 7 p.m. March 20 at Van Meter Hall. The presentation is free and open to the public; a book signing will follow. Vowell also will meet with WKU students to discuss her work at 4 p.m. March 20 at the Kentucky Building’s Kentucky Room; space is limited so students interested in attending the session should make reservations by emailing Dr. Darlene Applegate at email@example.com.
*Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer: Dr. Paul Simmons, professor of medicine at the University of Louisville, will make two presentations as the 2013 Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer. He will meet with students at 11:30 a.m. March 22 at the Kentucky Building’s Kentucky Room; no reservations necessary. He will present “Intelligent Design: Is This the End of Evolution?” at 4:30 p.m. March 23 at Gary Ransdell Hall, room 1074; the presentation is free and open to the public.
*Research showcases: A series of showcases will be taking place across campus during the week – College of Health and Human Services on March 20; College of Education and Behavioral Sciences and Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science on March 21; Potter College of Arts & Letters and Gordon Ford College of Business on March 22. For times and locations of research showcases, visit http://www.wku.edu/research/activities.php
*Student Research Conference: More than 300 students will present their research during the conference from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. March 23 at Gary Ransdell Hall. The 43rd annual conference will showcase the scholarly activities of graduate and undergraduate students of diverse disciplines from across WKU’s Bowling Green and regional campuses. The event will include the presentation of papers, posters, performances and exhibits, an awards ceremony and Dr. Simmons’ lecture. The conference is free and open to the public.
Contact: Office of Research, (270) 745-6733.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
December 5th - 6th
November 26th -November 30th
Forty parents, educators, counselors, and administrators came to Bowling Green November 5 to hear a leading authority on twice-exceptional education at the 2014 Twice-Exceptional (2e) Learners Seminar.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,