Stay healthy, get vaccinated.
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Tuesday, September 10th, 2013
|Return to Archive|
Seasonal Flu Information 2013-2014
Flu Level Raised To Widespread In Kentucky - January 7, 2014 - Click here to read more
WKU Health Services has received the adult inactivated injectable form of the seasonal flu vaccine. Please know that the inactivated flu vaccine does not contain any live influenza virus. We are administering the vaccine on a walk-in basis, so feel free to stop by WKUHS during regular business hours. The vaccine is available to all members of the WKU campus community. It is recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) that everyone 6 months and older receive the vaccine annually.
Influenza (also known as the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The flu is different from a cold. The flu usually comes on suddenly. People who have the flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
* It's important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
The flu vaccine is covered fully by the WKU Anthem BCBS plan and you will not be charged a co-pay. If you have insurance other than WKU Anthem BCBS, we can bill your insurance, but we cannot guarantee it will be covered. Please bring an I.D. and your insurance card if you want us to bill your insurance. Please contact your insurance company for details about your plan and coverage.
Payment Methods / Special Discount
If you are not filing insurance, you can pay with cash, big red dollars, check or with a credit card. Non-insured patients and community members that do not have insurance are eligible for a cash payment prompt pay discount of $20.00. The payment will be collected during the time of the visit. If you have any questions, please feel free to call 745-5641 and press option 2 or contact our Insurance & Billing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 745-5034.
For additional information please view our Seasonal Flu webpage.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Wednesday, December 17th to Sunday, January 20th
Reduced services will be in effect during the Winter Break.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,