Homecoming This Saturday
|Date: Thursday, October 24th, 2013||Return to Archive|
WKU will host Troy in the 2013 Homecoming game on Saturday, October 26, 2013. Kick-off is at 3:00 p.m. with tailgating festivities beginning at 8:00 AM. Tailgating areas close 30 minutes prior to start of the game. For a detailed tailgating map, please click HERE.
Shuttle service from the Alumni Square Garage will be provided beginning at 1:00 PM.
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking. These lots will close Friday evening at 10:00 p.m. and must be cleared by 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning:
- All parking lots surrounding Diddle Arena
- Parking Structure 2 (PS2)
- South Lawn
- Parking spaces along Avenue of Champions down to University Blvd.
- McCormack Lot
- A portion of the Gated Regents Lot
- Nick Denes Field
Vehicles remaining in reserved areas are subject to a $35 fine and relocation.
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 1:00 PM and runs continuously throughout the game.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first come, first served basis beginning at 6:00 PM on Friday. Unused parking will open at 2:00 PM for general parking.
Road Closings and Traffic Control
In addition, roads will close prior to the game and post-game event traffic will be controlled by police officers at key intersections.
- Beginning at 10:00 AM or when all public tailgating spots are full:
- College Heights Blvd. will be closed between Colonnade Drive and University Blvd. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders and tailgating season pass holders.
- Beginning at 8:30 AM
- Avenue of Champions will be closed at College Heights Blvd. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders.
- Following the game, while traffic is exiting campus, traffic will not be allowed onto campus. Traffic will be controlled at the following intersections:
- University Blvd and 31W
- University Blvd and Normal Street
- University Blvd and Russellville Rd
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 2
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 1
- University Blvd and Old Morgantown Road
- Russellville Road and Morgantown Road
To see a map of the reserved parking lots and road closings, click HERE. As we implement the event parking and traffic control plan, your cooperation is appreciated. For a post-event traffic map, click HERE.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
12/12 and 12/13
Saturday, December 14th
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.