SJ&B faculty member inducted into PRSA College of Fellows
|Author: WKU News|
Date: Thursday, November 21st, 2013
WKU associate professor Vicki Bagwell, APR, Fellow PRSA, was one of 14 public relations professionals and educators inducted in the Public Relations Society of America’s College of Fellows at the recent PRSA 2013 International Conference in Philadelphia.
A public relations faculty member in the School of Journalism & Broadcasting since 2006, Bagwell teaches strategic public relations planning and management as well as public relations fundamentals and writing and will become the Assistant Director of the School beginning January 2014. She also serves as faculty advisor for WKU’s Kelly Thompson chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America. Prior to joining WKU’s faculty, Bagwell was a public relations professional in Nashville and San Antonio and has been a PRSA member since 1987.
The College of Fellows, founded in 1989, is a community of more than 300 notable PRSA members who have advanced the public relations profession and distinguished themselves through their experience and leadership in the public relations industry.
Selected by a review committee of current College members, candidates are public relations practitioners or educators with 20 years or more of experience, have the Accredited in Public Relations (APR) credential, have demonstrated exceptional accomplishment in the practice or teaching of public relations, and have contributed to the profession or the community through service and leadership.
About the Public Relations Society of America: PRSA is the largest professional organization serving the U.S. public relations community. With a mission to “advance the profession and the professional,” PRSA provides news and information, thought leadership, continuing education and networking opportunities; sets standards of professional excellence and ethical conduct; and advocates for the business value of public relations and greater diversity among public relations professionals. Based in New York, PRSA comprises 112 local Chapters; 14 Professional Interest Sections that focus on specific industries and practice areas; and the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), which is active at more than 320 colleges and universities.
Contact: Vicki Bagwell, (270) 745-5834.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
March 10th to March 14th
Make this year's spring break memorable by having fun and staying safe. Below is a guide to help you make safe choices during spring break.
Banishing belly fat and taking back your health, while eating the foods you love. 5 calorie-saving tips.