Hardin Planetarium to present ‘PlanetQuest’ March 9-April 17
|Date: Thursday, February 27th, 2014||Return|
PlanetQuest: Discovering Worlds Around Other Stars opens March 9 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and 2 p.m. Sunday through April 17.
About the show: A new era in the exploration of the universe has begun. Less than 20 years ago, we Earthlings discovered the first alien solar system around a star like our own Sun. Since then we have used multiple methods to identify thousands of worlds around other stars — from scorching hot giants orbiting their stars in just a few days to planets orbiting in systems with more than just one star. New planets are being discovered at an exhilarating pace; bringing us closer to finding an Earthlike world — perhaps harboring life. Join us for an interactive presentation aiming at one of humanity’s oldest questions: Are we alone?
The 45-minute show, with time for questions at the end of the presentation, is free and suitable for all ages. Note that the show will begin on time with no late entrance permitted.
Show times and dates are:
- Sunday, March 9 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 11 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 13 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 16 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 18 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 20 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 23 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 25 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 27 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 30 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 1 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 3 7 p.m.
- Sunday, April 6 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 8 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 10 7 p.m.
- Sunday, April 13 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 15 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 17 7 p.m.
Current show: Back to the Moon for Good ends its run on March 6.
Contact: Ronn Kistler, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
June 29th and 30th
Starting Wednesday, June 22nd
For the second year in a row, The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science earned second place in the Kentucky State Envirothon Competition, scoring the highest overall on both the Wildlife and Aquatics exams.
Eighty-six students from The Carol Martin Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky are involved in some form of summer learning. From research internships to study abroad to robust community service projects, students are gearing up for busy
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,