Norris "Norro" Wilson joins Hall of Distinguished Alumni
|Date: Thursday, August 25th, 2011||Return|
Norris “Norro” Wilson
Norris D. “Norro” Wilson, a native of Scottsville, Ky., has written some of country music’s most recognizable hits – The Most Beautiful Girl, A Picture of Me (Without You) and The Grand Tour – and is a legendary record producer.
Wilson graduated from Scottsville High School in 1956 and attended Western Kentucky State Teachers College on a music scholarship. He was a member of a barbershop quartet in high school then later joined the Southlanders Quartet and The Omegas. As a solo artist, Wilson scored a top 20 hit in 1970 with Do It to Someone You Love.
His success has come as a writer and producer for artists including John Anderson, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans, George Jones, Sammy Kershaw, Reba McEntire, John Michael Montgomery, Steve Wariner, Tammy Wynette and more.
Wilson joined the songwriters at Acuff-Rose in Nashville in 1962 and then began working for Al Gallico Music in 1967. He accepted an A&R-producer position with Warner Bros. Records in 1975, moved to RCA in 1982 and became CEO of Merit Music in 1987. Wilson started Norro Productions in 1990 and formed Bud Ro Productions with Buddy Cannon in 1998.
In the 1970s and ’80s, Wilson wrote several No. 1 hits, including Charlie Rich’s The Most Beautiful Girl and A Very Special Love Song, Wynette’s He Loves Me All the Way and Another Lonely Song, George Jones’ The Grand Tour and Charley Pride’s Night Games.
Wilson’s numerous awards include induction into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1996 and the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame in 2008, a 1974 Grammy for Best Country Song for A Very Special Love Song and more than 30 BMI Awards, including country songwriter of the year in 1973-75. Wilson resides in Nashville, Tenn.
Contact: Tracy Morrison, (270) 745-4395.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
December 5th - 6th
November 26th -November 30th
Forty parents, educators, counselors, and administrators came to Bowling Green November 5 to hear a leading authority on twice-exceptional education at the 2014 Twice-Exceptional (2e) Learners Seminar.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,