M.S. in Psychology
The Department of Psychological Sciences offers a Master of Science in Psychology. This graduate program prepares graduate students to pursue careers in business, research, or government settings, and/or to enter a doctoral program in psychology or a related field.
Within the MS in psychology, two concentrations are offered:
- Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology concentration
- Psychological Science concentration
- Biobehavioral Psychology
- Clinical Science
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Science
Applicants to the Master of Science in Psychology program should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have taken a statistics and research methodology course
- Have a background in psychology
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 with a 3.0 in psychology courses
Beyond these minimum requirements, selection is competitive.
How Do I Apply?Important information for Fall 2017 applicants:
We are not accepting applications to the Industrial/Organizational concentration for Fall 2017.
The Psychological Science concentration will continue to accept applications, as usual, for the Fall 2017.
The I/O application process will resume January 2018 for admission Fall 2018.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Psychology program should submit the following materials:
- Psychological Sciences Department Application Form
- Graduate School Application Form
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 1000-word personal statement describing professional interests and career goals (Note: Applicants to the Psychological Science concentration must identify one or more research mentors with whom they wish to work.)
- College transcripts
- GRE scores
Although there is no formal minimum GRE score requirement, admission is competitive. The average GRE scores of recently admitted students are approximately 153 (V) and 148 (Q). An interview may be requested for qualified applicants. Applications should be received by March 1st for priority consideration for Fall admission.
All application materials should be sent to the Graduate School:
Western Kentucky University
The Graduate School
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11010
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1010
- Courses and Schedule
- Financial Support
- Internship Information
- Concentration Faculty
- Links of Interest
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,