Biology Faculty and Staff
Nilesh Sharma, Ph.D. University of Bihar
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: CH 34
- Phone Number: 270-745-6593
- Curriculum Vitae: https://wku.edu/biology/documents/sharma_cv_2016.pdf
BIOL 113 General Biology
BIOL 207/208 General Microbiology
BIOL 490, 490G, 490 Honors Plant Therapeutics
BIOL 516 Investigations in Biology
- Examining the role of phytochemicals in inflammatory conditions (in vivo/in vitro)
- Biological synthesis of metallic nanoparticles & risk evaluation of nanomaterials
- Remediation of environmental pollution using plant/microbial systems
Research scientist – Western Kentucky University
Ph.D. – Bihar University, India
MS - Patna University
BS Honors - Patna University
- Sharma, Nilesh, S.V. Sahi. 2012. Enhanced organic phosphorus assimilation promoting biomass and shoot P hyperaccumulations in Lolium multiflorum grown under sterile conditions. Environmental Science & Technology http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/es200942v
- Sharma, N. and S. Sahi. 2011. Excess soil phosphorus – Accelerated P transfer, water quality deterioration and sustainable remediation strategies. In: Improving Crop Resistance to Abiotic Stress, Eds. N. Tuteja, A. Tiburcio, S. Gill, and R. Tuteja, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. Pp.165-191.
- Sharma, N.C., Sahi, S.V., Nath, S., Parsons, J.G., Gardea-Torresdey, J.L., Pal, T. 2007. Synthesis of plant-mediated gold nanoparticles and catalytic role of biomatrix-embedded nanomaterials. Environmental Science & Technology 41 (14), 5137–5142.
- Sharma, N.C., Starnes, D. L., Sahi, S.V. 2007. Phytoextraction of excess soil phosphorus. Environmental Pollution 146, 120–127.
- Ruley, A.T., Sharma, N.C., Sahi, S.V., Singh, S.R. 2006. Effects of lead and chelators on growth, photosynthetic activity and Pb uptake in Sesbania drummondii grown in soil. Environmental Pollution 144 (1), 11–18.
- Sharma, N.C., Sahi, S.V. 2005. Characterization of phosphate accumulation in Lolium multiflorum for remediation of phosphorus-enriched soils. Environmental Science & Technology 39 (14), 5475–80.
- Sharma, N.C., Sahi, S.V., Jain, J.C., Raghothama, K.G. 2004. Enhanced accumulation of phosphate by Lolium multiflorum cultivars grown in phosphate-enriched medium. Environmental Science & Technology, 38, 2443–2448.
- Sharma, N.C., Gardea-Torresdey, J.L., Parsons, J., Sahi, S.V. 2004. Chemical speciation and cellular deposition of lead in Sesbania drummondii. Environmental Toxicology & Chemistry, 23 (9), 2068–2073.
- Sharma, N.C., Jain, J., Sahi, S.V. 2003. Evaluation of phosphate phytoremediation potential of ryegrass. Proceedings of 2nd International. Agronomy Congress: Balancing food and environment security, New Delhi, India, November, 2002, pp. 1009–101.
- Deepti, M., Sharma, N.C., Cristae, P., Sahi, S.V. 2002. Transformation of maize by 2,4, dihydroxy-7-methoxy-2H-1,4-benzoxazin-3(4H)-one resistant Agrobacterium strains. Biotechnology Letters, 24, 197–203.