Welcome to SKyTeach
SKyTeach offers opportunities to undergraduate students at Western Kentucky University entering careers in math and science education.
Our mission is:
Recruit - Increase enrollment for the next generation of math and science teachers in Kentucky.
Prepare - Develop outstanding teachers to improve math and science education in Kentucky.
Support - Offer mentoring throughout the program and continued support after graduation.
Outreach - Provide opportunities to local educators by promoting math and science in the community.
Our program is:
- A unique collaboration between the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences and Ogden College of Science and Engineering, modeled after the highly successful UTeach Institute at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Includes partnerships with school districts in Western Kentucky University's service area.
- The program received its initial funding through a grant from the National Math and Science Foundation (NMSI) and Exxon Mobil.
A proud member of the UTeach STEM Educators Association (USEA).
SKyTeach student benefits include:
- Personal support and guidance by Master Teachers who are experiences former high school STEM teachers.
- Academic and social support from peers who have similar career interests.
- Opportunity to gain valuable teaching experience at the middle and high school levels.
- High/Middle school student teaching experience in the fourth year of the program.
- Paid interships available during the school year and summer.
- Scholarship opportunities are available and are awarded annually.
Kelly Thompson Hall 1011A
1906 College Heights Blvd.
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Kelly Thompson Hall 1011C