FRP (Family Resource Program)
The FRP provides services to individuals and families within the CEC and the community. The FRP is a service/resource program staffed with social work faculty, students and family volunteers. Staff will be available to meet with family members and significant others to provide information, resource material, screening services, and referrals. The program serves as a unifying point of the entire CEC.
The Family Resource Program is designed to:
• Promote family centered care;
• Identify family concerns and priorities;
• Create and provide educational and support resources for families;
• Assist families with transitional issues;
• Identify, create, promote, and organize volunteer opportunities among CEC families and the community;
• Create and provide educational and training opportunities for WKU student interns.
Some services provided include:
• Information, Screening, & Referrals - Families participate in an intake process that determines needed services and/or referrals for those services
• Family Needs Assessment - Provided to families to evaluate their needs and connect them to resources
• Workshops/trainings for families, students, and professionals within the special needs community
• Resource Assistance - Information is provided on resources within the community
• Educational Support - Resource material on numerous topics is available for families, caregivers, and community partners through the FRP Resource Lending Library
• Community Volunteers - Recruited and trained to develop and disperse resource information, assist in the development of programming, and assist with various events and projects
• Resource Directory - Provides contact information and service information for the local and surrounding communities
"Partnerships in Helping Start Here"