- Upcoming Events
- Resources for Children
- Resources for Adults
- Resources for Parent Support
- Referral Information
- FRP Staff
- Special Needs Summit
- FRP Home
- CEC Home
Contact the Family Resource Program:
Family Resource Program
The Family Resource Program (FRP) serves as a unifying point for all programs within the CEC. The program provides resource information and referrals to individuals in need of services, identifies individual’s strengths and accesses needs, assists families in connecting with other available resources in the community, encourages and promotes community partnerships in service delivery, and empowers individuals by providing them with knowledge and resources to improve their life circumstances.
Services provided in the FRP:
- Information for families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Delays and Disabilities
- Screenings and referrals
- Family needs assessments
- Resource assistance for local and surrounding communities
- Family support for adjustment and transition
- Educational support for families, caregivers, and community partners
- Community volunteers to develop and disperse resource information
FRP services are designed to:
- Promote family centered care;
- Identify family concerns and priorities;
- Create and provide educational and supportive resources for families;
- Assist families with transitional issues;
- Identify, create, promote, and organize opportunities among CEC families and the community.
The Family Resource (FRP), as a part of the Western Kentucky University community, strives to proactively empower individuals and caregivers, provide individuals and families with information and referral services, build bridges between individuals and needed services within the community, and enhance the community's knowledge and awareness of individual and family needs.
The vision of the FRP is to become a point of entry for services at the Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex, and facilitate service delivery for individuals and families. The FRP envisions becoming a regional center of excellence for service delivery, professional training, and community outreach.
The Family Resource Program was started at the Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex to offer support for caregivers. Activities are providing much needed resources as Amy Bingham explains in this edition of View from the Hill.
A diagnosis of autism or any learning disability can be overwhelming for parents, but the Family Resource Program within the Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex can help provide support.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,