- Information for New Clients
- Communication Disorders Clinic
- Family Resource Program
- Kelly Autism Program
- Renshaw Early Childhood Center
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Central)
Contact the CEC:
104 Alumni Avenue
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Phone: (270) 745-4232
Fax: (270) 745-4233
Building A World Where All Individuals Flourish as Valued Members of their Community.
The Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex provides supports that enhance socialization and communication while enriching the quality of life of individuals and families impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Delays/Disabilities.
In doing so, the CEC offers vital and essential clinical experiences and curricular support for WKU students.
The CEC collaborates with other university programs and community agencies to remove barriers and increase opportunities for full inclusion for individuals impacted by autism and developmental delays/disabilities while engaging in applied research and professional development consistent with its vision and mission.
All individuals should be treated with dignity and respect.
Person-centered language should be used at all times. Every individual is unique and should be addressed in the manner that reflects his or her personal preference.
Every individual has the ability to thrive and be a contributing and valued member in their community.
Individuals should have the opportunity to direct their own services - creating an environment for independence, autonomy and freedom.
Staff should develop a culture of partnership which includes learning with and from individuals and families thereby building mutual trust and respect.
Services, supports and approaches should:
Be delivered using positive approaches according to Best Practices.
Be designed to inspire hope for individuals and families.
Honor the uniqueness of individuals (abilities, gifts, talents, interests, and beliefs).
Provide families with opportunities to network with other families and other service providers.
Be flexible so that individuals' and families' changing needs are met.
We pledge to:
1. Treat all individuals with dignity, respect, and concern.
2. Keep the individual's/family's best interest at the center of our practices.
3. Implement "best practices" strategies to provide appropriate developmental, educational, and recreational opportunities to participants and families.
4. Provide an environment which fosters a collaborative, innovative, and educational experience.
5. Provide opportunities for research to enhance education and service.
6. Promote and honor dignity, independence, integrity, and personal growth.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,