- KAP SERVICES:
- Related Academic Programs
- LifeSkills Run for Autism
- Additional Resources
- KAP Vision and Mission
- KAP Home
- CEC Home
Contact the Kelly Autism Program:
About the Kelly Autism Program
The Kelly Autism Program offers educational support through Individual Education Plan assistance, classroom adaptations and tutoring, community involvement through active participation in community activities, social and leisure activities, job coaching, and parent support.
KAP offers programs for Elementary, Middle and High School students:
- Elementary level programs develop concepts and skills in academic, social, and emotional areas through supported learning and social activities.
- Middle school students work on fostering self-concept and skill growth as a result of educational support, social programming, and community involvement.
- At the high school level, students continue growth in self-concept and skills through participation in Teen Council, community involvement and job placement with varying levels of education and social supports.
Prime Time services
Prime Time is an after school program for those diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other developmental/social language delays. The program consists of activities focusing on social language growth and development, group interactions, and personal skills, which are critical for individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The curriculum focuses on tasks such as getting along with others, problem solving, friendship skills, and taking turns.
The Circle of Support provides four major areas of assistance:
- Private Rooms
- Study Tables
- Social Events and Activities
Employment and Life Skills
KAP supports young adults in building life skills such as basic meal planning/preparation, maneuvering a grocery store, paying bills, banking, tax preparation, and problem solving daily life situations.
In addition, KAP assists individuals with exploring career choices and finding gainful employment when they have met graduation requirements and left the educational system. Participants work on job applications and skill building. When employment is secured, KAP staff members continue to work with the participants on required job and social skills.
The Kelly Autism Program (KAP) provides an educational, social and supportive environment so that diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder can achieve their potential as independent, productive and active community citizens.
KAP is the only provider of these types of services in the region, and is poised to become a national model.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,