WKU Career Development
We are closed for Thanksgiving Break from
Monday, November 23 through Friday, November 27, 2020.
The office will reopen at 8:00 am on Monday, November 30, 2020.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION
The WKU Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC) will continue to offer career support to all students during this pandemic. Our first priority is your health, safety and well-being. We are here to support you in the following ways:
Want to chat with a Career Coach?
Use our Drop-In Career Studio Zoom Video Chat Waiting Room, open Monday-Friday from 9 am-4 pm.
NO APPOINTMENT NECCESSARY
- Click on this link: https://wku.zoom.us/j/761330360 (Download Zoom if necessary)
- Wait for a staff member to greet you!
- Please be patient in the waiting room as the Career Coach meets with students one at a time. They will keep you updated as you wait in line. Wait time is usually no longer than 10-15 minutes.
Students, Alumni, and Employers
We are available to help in a variety of ways. Click here to connect.
What is Career Development
Career development is a lifelong process of exploration, education, and experience that begins the very first time you are asked the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
How Can WKU Career Development Help
Whether you've decided on your career or don't know where to start, the WKU Advising and Career Development Center is here to help by connecting you with the resources and skills you need to drive your career development.
Our free services include
- Exploration: Personality and skills assessments, career coaching, and job shadowing help you explore career options to find your best fit.
- Education: The ACDC offers presentations, resume reviews, and interview tips and practice to help you prepare for a professional environment.
- Experience: Access valuable opportunities to gain professional experience by attending our job fairs, seeking internships, and applying for full- or part-time employment.
How Do I Get Started
Contact our office in order to take control of your career development.
- (270) 745-3095
- Downing Student Union, Room 2001
FALL 2020 UPDATES
Western Kentucky University continues to monitor the pandemic and will activate contingency plans to best protect members of the WKU family and the communities in which we live. For the most up-to-date information, visit www.wku.edu/healthyonthehill.
AVOID JOB SCAMS
Fake job postings are often sent via email and look like they come from a legitimate source. Jobs that sound too good to be true should raise a red flag.
Want to ask if a job is real? Contact the ACDC at 270-745-3095 or CareerHelp@wku.edu