Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Banking & Finances

 Document Upload Portal

International Student Diplomat PhotoHonors College & International CenterKingdom of Saudi Arabia National DayHCIC Main LobbyOrientation Leaders

WKU currently has 8 international student diplomats representing 8 different countries. Diplomats assist prospective and new international students. Visit the 'Meet Our Diplomats' page on our website to learn more.

Honors College & International Center

Celebrating the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia National Day

Honors College & International Center Main Lobby

Orientation Leaders for Spring 2017!


There are several national banks in town, as well as some locally owned ones in Bowling Green. The majority of them have branch facilities throughout Bowling Green, but only Service One Credit Union has a branch on campus. Click on a bank name to visit their website.

American Bank & Trust

(270) 796-8444


(270) 782-4284


(270) 781-9476

Citizens First Bank

(270) 393-0700

PNC – Multiple branches around town and an ATM in Potter Hall on campus

(270) 781-6111

Service One Credit Union – branch and ATMs on campus

(270) 796-8500

South Central Bank

(270) 782-9696

US Bank-branch on campus

(270) 745-7600

Opening a Checking Account

The most common type of check account for university students is the Basic Checking Account. This kind of account does not usually require a minimum balance and does not have a monthly service charge. Some banks might also offer Student Checking Accounts, which include similar services to the Basic Checking Account. Banks will need some information from you before you can open one of these accounts:

  • Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Street Address
  • An Identification Number (this can include either a social security number, a passport number, an alien identification number, or a number and country of issuance of any other government-issued document proving nationality that includes a photo)

Although these are most commonly what is asked for, each bank is different and may ask for additional documentation.

What to Bring With You

  • Your passport
  • Your I-20, DS-2019, or I-79 approval notice
  • Any secondary form of identification you have, such as your student ID or a credit card

Note – It is unwise to carry large amounts of cash with you or keep it at your residence. Instead, deposit it in a bank.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 4/11/17