LIVING IN BOWLING GREEN
When you move to a new place there is always a lot to learn, but this is also the chance to explore and grow.
The International Enrollment Management (also known as IEM) team and the International Student Office (ISO) are here to help you. We can give you information and guide you to resources to assist you in becoming comfortable with life at WKU and succeeding in all your academic and career goals.
Start with these pages, and contact us to ask questions.
Life in Bowling Green is...
WKU is located in the heart of Bowling Green, Kentucky, a thriving university town and the third largest city in Kentucky. From the Hill, you can walk to great restaurants and shopping locations or you can use the Topper Transit system to go shopping and visit other local sites.
Start Your Housing Search Early
Housing should be one of your main priorities once you decide to attend WKU. Housing in Bowling Green has a variety of prices, locations, and features. Whether you want to live in WKU housing or off-campus, make sure to arrange your housing early. Students should look for housing as soon as possible after they are admitted.
Many Housing Options
- On-campus housing is a convenient option for students, and includes social programs and academic support.
- Off-campus housing includes several options near campus, and can be an economical option.
Consider These Questions
- Do you prefer to live on-campus or off-campus? If you want to live off-campus, how close to campus do you want to be?
- How old are you? If you are a Freshman or a Sophomore (under 60 hours) or under 21 you will have to live on-campus unless you pay a fee or request an exemption.
- How much money do you want to spend?
- Do housing costs include electricity and other utilities? If you will pay for utilities separately, how much will you have to pay per month?
- Do you want to live by yourself or with others?
- Are there other people from your country whom you could live with or who could help you find housing?
- Is the housing furnished, or will you have to supply your own furniture?
If you arrive at a time when you cannot move into your housing (for example, if you arrive on campus before move-in day) you will need to stay at a hotel. There are over 30 hotels in Bowling Green. To find a hotel, you may visit http://www.visitbgky.com/stay/
Additionally, the newly opened Hyatt Place is the official hotel of WKU and is within walking distance of campus. To receive a discounted rate follow the instructions below:
- If booking by phone or at the hotel: use the corporate code WKUU.
- If booking online directly at the Hyatt website: click on Special Rates when booking and use Corporate Rate #20850. The discounted rate will automatically generate.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,