The following scholarships are available each academic year for current international students. The International Student Office will email all international students when scholarship applications are available. Links to the applications will be available on this page when applications are open in the spring semester for the following academic year.
Deadline to apply for any of the scholarships below for the 2017-2018 academic year is March 24, 2017.
Richard Salisbury-Latin American Student Association Book Scholarship
This scholarship is worth $500 towards the purchase of books. The award is applied to the student's account for the fall semester. Applicants must:
- Hold a valid F-1 visa
- Be a full-time WKU student from a country in the Western Hemisphere (excluding the U.S. and Canada)
Applicants’ academic records, contribution to WKU, international understanding, and financial need will be considered. Graduate or undergraduate students may apply.
Scholarship recipients are expected to volunteer with the International Student Office for 20 hours during the fall semester
Robert J. Wurster Scholarship
The Robert J. Wurster Scholarship is for returning F-1 students and consists of a $860 credit to the student’s account ($430 per semester). There are three awards available and there is no GPA requirement for this award. Awards are based on financial need and involvement in campus/community activities/events. Graduate or undergraduate students may apply.
Scholarship recipients are expected to volunteer with the International Student Office for 20 hours per semester during one academic year.
International Student Achievement Award
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Hold a valid F-1 visa
- Be an undergraduate student
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 and a GPA of at least 3.5 in the student’s declared major
- Have completed at least 48 hours at WKU
- Must show significant campus/community involvement
The award consists of a one-time award of a $325 applied to the student's account for the fall semester.
Scholarship recipients are expected to volunteer with the International Student Office for 20 hours during the fall semester.
International Student Diplomat Scholarship Program
The International Student Diplomat Program is committed to providing mentoring to current and prospective international students to assist them in achieving their personal, educational, and professional goals. Through campus and community activities the diplomats provide cross-cultural understanding and promote respect for diversity.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must meet the criteria below
- Must have successfully completed two semesters of study in the U.S.
- Should be maintaining valid F-1 or J-1 status
- Should be maintaining good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students and 3.0 for graduate students
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and appreciation for cultural differences
- Complete the application form, submitting two recommendation forms
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Commit to serving for one academic year as an International Diplomat
- Commit to working 4 hours per week
- Serve as a mentor to current and prospective international students
- Organize and participate in events for international and domestic students
- Serve as a host to international visitors and perform campus tour
- Students are awarded $3,000 in scholarship funds towards their tuition and fees for one academic year ($1,500 per semester). Amount is applied to student's account.
- Opportunity to improve cross-cultural communication skills
- Enhance leadership skills
- Develop friendships with students from around the world
- Have an impressive and unique experience to add to resume
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,