This concentration is designed for students interested in careers in business and finance in the Arab world or working with Arab populations. This concentration complements a major in International Business or Economics well. Course work focuses on the requisite Arabic language proficiency, terminology associated with business, trade, economics, and finance as well as business etiquette and practices in the Arab world. Students also take courses in English in the study of International Business and Economics to provide requisite background knowledge.
Required core courses: (33 hours)
- ARBC 102 (3 hours) Elementary Arabic II
- ARBC 201, ARBC 202 (6 hours) Intermediate Arabic I & II
- ARBC 301, ARBC 302 (6 hours) Advanced Arabic I & II
- ARBC 321 (3 hours) Colloquial Arabic
- ARBC 418 (3 hours) Business Arabic
- ARBC 438 (3 hours) Topics in Media Arabic
- MGT 210 (3 hours) Organization and Management
- MGT 303 (3 hours) International Business
- ECON 202 (3 hours) Principles of Economics (Micro)
Elective Courses: (6 hours) Any 300- or 400- level ARBC courses for a total (including the core courses) of 39 or more credit hours.
Although not required, students in this concentration are highly encouraged to participate in WKU's Model Arab League team. This activity offers the opportunity to participate in national conferences on issues in the Arab world and meet students, teachers and diplomats working in the field.