Facebook Pixel On-campus name change | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

How To Change Your Name on Campus

How to change your name on rosters/ student ID/ email address

Students who do not go by their legal name may wish to have their chosen name appear on rosters, on their student ID, and email address. Following the steps below will accomplish this without altering your name on financial or billing information. Your legal name will still appear on any letters sent to your home address.

  1. Call or email Leslie Vanderpool, Student Records Specialist at the Registrar’s office and ask her to enter your chosen name into the “preferred name” option in their system. Her office phone number is (270)745-5411 and her email address is leslie.vanderpool@wku.edu
  2. Once the registrar change is confirmed, call Information Technology Help Desk at (270)745-7000 and ask them to change your email to reflect your chosen name. They will require the change be made through the registrar first.
  3. Visit the Identification Card Center in DSU 2125 and have them change your name to reflect the chosen name. They will ask if you’d like a new photo too. They can be contacted at (270)745-2417.
None of the steps described above require documentation. If you change your name legally, complete the same steps, but #1 will be change of your legal name, and that may require documentation. 

Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 11/14/18