Nomination & Campaign Information
For full nomination details, download the PDF of the Staff Council Constitution.
- Stay informed and represent the interests of their respective constituencies;
- Participate in all votes except when there is a conflict-of-interest;
- Support decisions of the Council;
- Regularly attend Council meetings;
- Be visible and accessible to their constituency;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding closed session meetings;
- Make judgments on the basis of what is best for the University and higher education rather than to serve individual interests; and
- Refrain from actions that might prove embarrassing for the Council.
- A constituency or regional representative’s term lasts for two years, beginning at his/her induction at the June meeting (or a subsequent meeting following a delayed or special appointment or election) and ending at the commencement of the June meeting in his/her second year, regardless of the month in which his/her term began.
- An at-large representative’s term lasts for one year, beginning at his/her induction at the June meeting (or a subsequent meeting following a delayed or special election) and ending at the commencement of the next June meeting, regardless of the month in which his/her term began.
- No representative may serve on the Council for more than six consecutive years. Representatives in their fifth or sixth years may not seek re-election or appointment to the Council. After an individual sits out for one year, the individual is again eligible for election/appointment.
- Members are expected to attend all regular Staff Council meetings, which are held monthly, and last, on average, for three hours.
- Members may be appointed to University-wide or internal council committees.
- Any WKU Staff Member can nominate any other staff member regardless of employment category. An employee may also nominate him/herself.
- All members with a minimum of 1 year of continuous University employment shall be considered eligible to seek election to the Staff Council.
Once nominated, candidates are encouraged to campaign, but must abide to the rules outlined in the campaign guidelines document, which can be downloaded from here.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,