Spring Break Residence Hall Closedown
The residence halls (except Barnes, Bemis, Northeast and Southwest) will close at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2017. The halls will reopen at 10:00 AM on Sunday, March 19, 2017.
Directions for everyone leaving for Spring Break
In an effort to conserve energy and provide security, please do the following before you leave for break:
- Unplug all electrical equipment except the refrigerator. Computers, aquariums, televisions, etc., should all be unplugged.
- Wash all dirty dishes.
- Throw away all trash and clean out the trash can. Take all trash to compactor. Activate compactor with room key.
- For this time of year, set room temperature on 70 degrees and fan speed on auto -or- halfway between blue and red with fan speed on low to conserve energy.
- Remove belongings from closet floor. This prepares the room to be sprayed for pests.
- Remove furniture and belongings from in front of the HVAC unit so that the filter may be changed.
- Close and lock windows.
- Turn lights off.
- Lock your room.
HVAC Maintenance Schedule for Bemis, Barnes, Northeast & Southwest:
These halls do not close for spring break. If you are planning on being on campus during the break, be prepared for maintenance to enter to your room for HVAC maintenance.
Remove furniture and belongings from in front of the HVAC unit so that the filter may be changed.
- Bemis Lawrence Hall - coil cleaning - March 13-15
- Barnes Campbell Hall - filter changing - March 15
- Northeast Hall - March 15
- Southwest Hall - filter changing
If you have questions, contact your RA or hall director.
Have a safe and happy spring break!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,