Congratulations on your decision to attend WKU! We know this is a very exciting, yet stressful time in your life as you begin preparing for your move on campus. We are here to help!
Before you move into a residence hall, you need to submit a housing agreement. If you have not applied for housing yet, please visit www.wku.edu/housing/apply.
For Students Attending M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, WKU's five day extended orientation program for first year residential students, provides new students with the opportunity to move to campus a week early, before upperclassmen arrive and before classes begin.
For Students Not Attending M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan
Students who are not attending M.A.ST.E.R. Plan can begin moving in to the residence halls Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 8:00 a.m.
What to Bring
Your residence hall room will soon become your "home away from home" and we want you to bring whatever items you will need to make it comfortable. Below is a list of suggested items to get you started:
- Bed Linens (Extra Long Twin) - can be purchased through The WKU Store, if desired
- Blanket, Comforter
- Towels and Washcloths
- Laundry Supplies (Hamper, Detergent, Dryer Sheets, Quarters/Big Red Dollars)
- Clothes Hangers
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Alarm Clock
- Stamps and Envelopes
- Desk/Study Supplies
- Sewing Kit
- First Aid Kit
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes
- Cleaning Supplies
- Broom and Dustpan
Digital Cable Compatibility - You will need to set your turner to scan for channel locations through your television menu. The vast majority of televisions sold since 2006 have a QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) tuner. We have identified some low end and less expensive models that do not have a QAM tuner and cannot receive a digital signal. The list includes:
All Element Models
Sylvania All Models
- DVD Player/Gaming Console - Game consoles must be registered through WKU Resnet before online game-play. Learn more
- Cable Cord
- Ethernet Cord - wifi is available, the Ethernet cord can give you a faster internet speed
- Desk Lamp
- Cooking/Eating Utensils/Pots/Pans
- Refrigerator (5 cubic feet or less) - can be purchased through The WKU Store, if desired
- Microwave (1,000 watts or less) - can be purchased through The WKU Store, if desired
- Coffee Maker
- Stackable Crates
- Photos of friends and family
What Not to Bring
- Alcoholic Beverages/Containers
- Concrete Blocks
- Contact Paper
- Electric Grills
- Halogen Lamps
- Hot Plates
- Pets (fish are permitted)
- Space Heaters
- Wall and Ceiling Stickers
Need Decorating Ideas?
Decorating your room can make all the difference in making it your own and to make it feel a little more like home! Check out our pinterest boards for some great ideas!
What to Know:
- Your room assignment - hall and room number (sent via email in June/July/August, can also be accessed through Topnet)
- Your WKU student ID number (sometimes referred to as your "800 Number" - can be found on Topnet login page under "Need help?")
- Emergency contacts' names and phone numbers to fill out an Emergency Medical Card
What to Bring with You:
- Your WKU student ID card (or other valid photo ID if WKU card has not been obtained). The hall staff will place a hall identification sticker on your WKU ID card.
- Your health insurance card. You will need this to write down your group number on the Emergency Medical Card)
- A cart or dolly to move large items - these are not provided by the university
- During the check in process, there are several forms that need to be filled out. In an effort to speed up this process, we encourage you to download, print, and fill out these forms and bring them with you. If you happen to forget them, we will have additional ones available:
What to Do:
- During M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, student leaders will help you find temporary parking near your hall to unload your vehicle.
- Go to the front desk of your hall to check-in before moving in your belongings.
- Follow the instructions of the hall staff - you will meet your friendly hall staff, fill out a few forms, receive your key, and you're ready to move in!
- Those helping the student move in will receive wristbands before moving in items. This helps our desk staff know who is entering and exiting the building.
- During M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, student leaders and volunteers from the community will be available to help carry items for you.
- While most buildings are equipped with elevators, the lines can sometimes get long with a large volume of students moving in at once. Please have patience and use the stairs when you are able. Move-in times during M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan are tiered to help with elevator lines.
If you have questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (270)745-4359
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,