Like GWS on Facebook
Gender & Women's Studies
Interested undergraduate students may fill out a change of major/minor/advisor form on TopNet
Hi, I'm Megan Maddern, the graduate assistant for the Gender & Women's Studies Program at WKU. I want to help you through the graduate certificate application process. Let's take a look at the process together. These step by step instructions should assist you to fill out the forms.
How to apply:
- From the Graduate Certificate in Gender and Women’s Studies page,
- Click the apply now button on the left side.
- Next click on graduate admissions (domestic and international).
- First time WKU applicants click the application account creation.
- Then log in.
- Under the heading “Applications in Progress” in the Admission Term column, select New.
- Fill out all sections of the application.
- Then click “submit” (please note that an application is not submitted until the non-refundable application fee is paid).
After you submit your application, in order to be considered for the program, you must send:
- transcripts from all institutions attended
- statement of purpose
If you should run into any problems during this process, you can contact me at GWS (270) 745-6995. Please, let us know if there is any way we can help. We look forward to working with you. Good luck!
Bio from a recent GWS student
"The Gender and Women's Studies program at WKU deeply impacted the way I process information and think about the complex social, political, and economic issues we face today. My time with the program gave me with an outlet to explore my curiosities about why society works the way it does, and inspired me to consider the different paths available to influence positive cultural changes. One of the most critical skills I use on a daily basis involves evaluating how the alteration of an event, concept, or policy can impact a community--a skill that was honed by the unique and caring relationships I formed through my Women's Studies education. WKU's Gender and Women's Studies program was by far one of the best parts of my time in college."
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,