The Gatton Academy's Admissions Requirements
We are excited that you have shown an interest in enrolling at The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky. The mission of The Gatton Academy is to offer a residential program for bright, highly motivated Kentucky high school students who have demonstrated interests in pursuing advanced careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Before beginning the application process, please ensure that you qualify or intend to meet qualifications for admission to the Gatton Academy.
Gatton Academy applicants for the Class of 2023 (Sophomores) must
- be a current domiciled resident of the state of Kentucky as stated by the Kentucky Council of Postsecondary Education,
- be a sophomore or have achieved sophomore status (as stated by their sending school) at the time of application (February 1),
- be a junior (as stated by their sending school) at the time of enrollment to The Gatton Academy (August 1 of the same application year),
- complete Geometry and Algebra II prior to enrollment,
- score a minimum 22 math on the ACT or score a minimum 540 math on the SAT, and
- submit all required materials no later than March 1, 2021