- TCCW Moveout Information
- Ogden College Equipment and Facilities List
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- KY Science Olympiad
- Chemistry Club
- Academic Advisors
- Seminar Schedule
- Job Listings
- Back to Ogden College Home Page
For a summary of information about navigating the chemistry and biochemistry majors and minors, please see our Advising Handbook. You can find your adviser in TopNet, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have a chemistry adviser yet.
The Department of Chemistry offers many courses at the 100 level. To help identify the most appropriate course for your major, please use the course selection guide, which also shows the pre- and co-requisites for each course.
The Department of Chemistry is no longer using the Chemistry Placement Exam to determine the appropriate course for students in the College Chemistry sequence (116/120/222). If, based on the course selection guide, you need CHEM 120/121, choose the best path based on your experience level.
Take CHEM 120/121 if:
- MATH ACT 26 or greater OR have completed MATH 116
- You are familiar with the basic concepts of chemistry and the use of algebra to solve problems (one year of high school chemistry recommended)
Take CHEM 116 if:
- You have completed OR are enrolled in MATH 116
- You feel that you need additional preparation in chemistry
Take no chemistry this semester if:
- Enrolled in MATH below 116 OR you enroll in MATH 116 and do not need chemistry preparation
- We no longer recommend CHEM 105/106 for students not prepared for MATH 116
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,