The Graduate School - Future Students
The Graduate School seeks to connect interested prospective students with engaged faculty in order to facilitate student success. Please use this page as a resource when considering the WKU Graduate School!
- Before applying please familiarize yourself with the admission requirements for the graduate program of your choice.
- If you are applying to a highly competitive program please consider contacting the specific department to discuss your intent to apply before beginning your application.
- To apply, access the online admission application.
- You can find directions for applying as a degree seeking student, or as a non-degree seeking student.
- After completing the application you will receive an email from Graduate Admissions with details about your application, how to check its status, and a request for any further admission materials required (most material can be uploaded directly to Graduate Admissions).
- Once all of the materials required by your selected program are submitted to graduate admissions, your application will be forwarded to the appropriate academic department for review. The length of time for an admission decision varies, but please allow for at least two weeks.
- The decision to admit an applicant to a program of study is the shared responsibility of an academic department and/or academic college.
- Applicants who have questions regarding a denial of admission may appeal the decision.
Occasionally WKU academic programs will provide application fee waiver codes to applicants. These codes will serve as payment for the application fee at the conclusion of the online application process and can only be used once. Applicants should select "Use a Fee Waiver Code" when asked for payment and type the code into the space provided. Fee Waiver Codes are case sensitive.
Financial resources are available to help with the cost of earning a graduate degree.
The Graduate School can only withdraw graduate applications for admission. If you are currently enrolled in WKU courses, you must contact the Registrar's office at 270-745-3351 or email@example.com.
To withdraw an admission application, please email the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, WKU ID number, and request to withdraw. Your request will be acknowledged when the application is withdrawn.