Welcome to WKU!
Located in southcentral Kentucky in the city of Bowling Green, Western Kentucky University (WKU) provides students with an authentic American college experience in a beautiful, welcoming and safe campus environment. WKU has a diverse student population of around 20,000 students, including more than 600 international students. WKU’s academic offerings include over 170 undergraduate programs of study.
The Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning (SAGL) serves as exchange students’ primary point of contact during their WKU studies. Along with the International Student Office, SAGL supports exchange students throughout their acclimation process and coordinates cultural and social events that provide opportunities to meet other students and become familiar with the local community and culture. Additionally, exchange students have access to the full range of campus resources and are encouraged to get involved in student organizations and activities.
If you attend one of our partner universities listed below, you may be eligible to study at WKU for a semester or academic year as an exchange student. We encourage you to discuss your interest with your university’s international office.
Exchange Partner Institutions
- Danish School of Media & Journalism (Denmark)
- EM Lyon – Saint-Etienne Campus (France)
- Hanyang University (South Korea)
- HZ University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Jean Moulin Lyon 3 University (France)
- Kansai Gaidai University (Japan)
- Konkuk University (South Korea)
- National Chengchi University (Taiwan)
- National Chung Hsing University (Taiwan)
- Reutlingen University (Germany)
- Tecnológico de Monterrey—Querétaro Campus (Mexico)
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito (Ecuador)
- Universitat Abat Oliba CEU (Spain)
- University of East Anglia (England, United Kingdom)
- Yeditepe University (Turkey)
- Yonsei University (South Korea)